.

A Lovely Islamic Poem By Imam Shafi

Imam Shafi R.A is considered one of the greatest Imam of Islam whose work in Promotion of Islam is great.


Here i am posting One of my favorite poems from Imam Shafi’ee  that I wanted to share with all of you, (May Allah have mercy on him).

O my Lord, when that which there is repelling alights upon me,

And I find myself leaving this abode

And become Your guest in a dark and lonely place,

Then make the host’s meal for his guest the removal of my wrongs.

A guest is always honored at the hands of a generous host,

And You are the Generous, the Creator, the Originator.

Surely kings, as a way of displaying their magnanimity

Free their servants who have grown old in their service.

And I have grown old in Your service,

So free my soul from the Fire.
Previous
Next Post »