.

Doing the Qurbani Before Eid Prayers

Many People starts doing Qurbani on the day of Eid before the Eid Prayers specially in our part of world Pakistan and India its happens very much. on one side Eid Prayer is going on and other side People doing the Qurbani. but is it according to Sunnah? what Hadith Rasool saw says about it? Following are are the Hadith of Rasool Allah saw about it.



Sahih Al Bukhari, Book no 2, Volume no 2, Hadith no 75.
It is narrated by Al bara bin azib r.a The Holy Prophet Saw delivered the Khutba after offering the Salaah on the Day of Nahr and said, "Whoever offers the prayer like us and slaughters like us then his Nusuk (sacrifice) will be accepted by Allah. And whoever slaughters his sacrifice before the EId prayer then he has not done the sacrifice." Abi Burda bin Niyar, the uncle of Al-Bara' said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have slaughtered my sheep before the EId prayer and I thought today as a day of eating and drinking (not alcoholic drinks), and I liked that my sheep should be the first to be slaughtered in my house. So slaughtered my sheep and took my food before coming for the prayer." The Prophet said, "The sheep which you have slaughtered is just mutton (not a Nusuk)." He (Abu Burda) said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have a young she-goat which is dearer to me than two sheep. Will that be sufficient as a Nusuk on my behalf? "The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Yes, it will be sufficient for you but it will not be sufficient (as a Nusuk) for anyone else after you."
There are many other Hadith about it as well making it clear that it is not allowed to do the Qurbani before Eid Prayer otherwiser it will not consider as Qurbani but just a mutton. So everyone must do the Qurbani after offering the Eid Prayer that is the way of our Holy Prophet saw.
Previous
Next Post »